O MacGuffin: Cimento

sexta-feira, dezembro 30, 2005

Cimento

Ode To Concrete

You’ll outlast me, good old concrete,
as I’ve outlasted, it seems, some men
who had taken me, too, for a kind of street,
citing color of eyes, or mien.

So I praise your inanimate, porous looks
not out of envy but as the next
of kin – less durable, plagued with loose
joints, though still grateful to the architects.

I applaud your humble – to be exact,
meaningless – origins, roar and screech,
fully matched, however, by the abstract
destination, beyond my reach.

It’s not that nothing begets its kind
but that the future prefers to court
a date that’s resolutely blind
and wrapped in a petrified long skirt.

Joseph Brodsky, 1995

0 Comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Subscrever Enviar feedback [Atom]

<< Página inicial

Powered by Blogger Licença Creative Commons
Esta obra está licenciado sob uma Licença Creative Commons.