O MacGuffin

segunda-feira, junho 16, 2003

WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS

O DO NOT LOVE TOO LONG

Sweetheart, do not love too long:
I loved long and long,
And grew to be out of fashion
Like an old song.

All through the years of your youth
Neither could have known
Their own thought from the other’s,
We were so much at one.

But O, in a minute she changed –
O do not love too long,
Or you will grow out of fashion
Like an old song.



THE COMING OF WISDOM WITH TIME

Though leaves are many, the root is one;
Through all the lying days of my youth
I swayed my leaves and flowers in the sun;
Now I may wither into the truth.

0 Comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Subscrever Enviar feedback [Atom]

<< Página inicial

Powered by Blogger Licença Creative Commons
Esta obra está licenciado sob uma Licença Creative Commons.